The Production Zone was a themed engineering zone supported by Science Foundation Ireland. In this zone were:
- Noel O’Dowd, a Professor of Mechanical Engineering who researches new materials such as carbon fibre composite materials.
- Nina Kanti, an Electronic and Computer Engineer who develops apps and works with novel technology.
- Ivan Merrick, a Managing Director at Fraser Ross Ltd, responsible for delivering the most effective and efficient solutions to a range of clients engineering needs.
- Gowthaman Parivendhan, who uses computer-aided simulations to create models that predict the source and cause of defects in 3D printed objects.
- Diana Abrunhosa, the winner of the Production Zone, who designs water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Alice Selby, a PhD student developing methods for fabricating new resistors using nano-wires on glass.