I’m an Engineer connects students with real engineers online.
In the activity, students:
- Read profiles of engineers in different careers
- Ask their own questions to engineers about everything and anything
- Chat with engineers during a 40-minute, text-based live chat session
- Vote for their favourite engineer to win €500 to do more STEM engagement
For students of all abilities
The activity is pupil-led (students ask the questions they want to) so different age groups, ability levels, and backgrounds all get something out of it.
- Suitable for 5th Class to 6th Year
- Primary and secondary
- Special schools, pupil referral units, and other non-mainstream educational settings
Perfect for blended learning
Everything happens online.
Students can take part from school or home – all they need is a device with internet access.
No personal details are shared on the site. Only students given access by their teacher can log in. Teachers can also moderate the Chat.
>All interaction is through text – there is no video or audio used – and we moderate all content.
Fits into your timetable
I’m an Engineer is a flexible online activity, running all March.
Book live chats for the dates and time that suits you. Students can log in at any point to read profiles and ask questions.
We suggest spending 2 hours on the activity – one preparation lesson, one homework and one live chat session. This can be adapted for your timetable.
Free for schools in Ireland
We work with a range of organisations to offer this activity free to state-maintained schools and colleges in Ireland.
Teachers: register to take part ❯
It takes 2 minutes to register. We’ll let you know when the activity is running.
Find out more:
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org