The Health Zone was a themed engineering zone supported by Wellcome. In this zone there were six engineers:
- Ted Burke, who specialises in electrical engineering and using the electrical signals inside of us to diagnose health problems.
- Sajjad Soleimani, who uses engineering to create medical devices.
- Laura Farina, who develops new medical devices based on electromagnetism.
- Kevin O’Brien, the winner of this zone, who designs electronics for infusion pumps used for everything from pain relief during surgery to chemotherapy.
- Ellen Simmons, a biomedical engineer who uses her knowledge to design solutions to various technology problems.
- Andrea Pacheco, who is using lasers to develop a device that measures oxygen levels in preterm babies.